NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
- ELIGIBILITY: The McDonald’s California State University (“CSU”) Social Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), brought to you by
McDonald’s Owner-Operators Association of Southern California (the “Sponsor”), and is governed by these Official Rules.
To enter, you (“you” or “Participant”) must be 18 years of age or older and a member of Instagram at the start of the
Sweepstakes Entry Period. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor. Void where prohibited. Sponsor reserves
the right, at any time, to verify eligibility requirements, in any manner it deems appropriate.
- THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins 12:00 A.M. (PST) on October 1, 2018 and concludes 11:59 P.M. (PST) on October 31, 2018 (“Sweepstakes Entry Period”).
- TO ENTER: Sponsor will give away a Grand Prize of a $250 Gift Card or Credit to the official CPP Bookstore at the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Entry Period. During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, the https://www.instagram.com/asicpp page will announce the requirements for you to have the chance to win a $250 Gift Card or Credit to the official CPP Bookstore. There will also be a $25 prize in the form of a McDonald’s Gift Card (“Arch Card”) awarded each weekday during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. The requirement for the chance to win a $25 McDonald’s Arch Card and/or the Grand Prize of a $250 Gift Card will require a student to be registered at the Cal Poly Pomona (CPP) and post a video or picture to Instagram that shows the way they like or would want McDonald’s using the Mobile Order Pay feature on the McDonald’s app and/or McDelivery; They must also use the tag #CPPdoesMcDs and tag a classmate who likes McDonald’s too. Additional posts count as additional entries. Inappropriate, offensive and obscene posts will be reported to Instagram and will be excluded from the social sweepstakes. All winners are randomly selected by a random numeric generator managed by MediaMate. Every week, CPP will have five (5) winners of a $25 McDonald’s Arch Card winners and will be announced and/or notified every Friday afternoon (PST) of the Sweepstakes Entry Period. There will be one (1) Grand Prize winner of a $250 credit or gift card to the respective CPP Bookstore after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Winners will be announced on the Instagram story of @asicpp.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: By submitting an Entry in the Sweepstakes, you hereby warrant and represent that your entry conforms to the requirements set forth herein. Entries must be in English. Entries must include “#Sweepstakes”. Entries must meet the following requirements: Entry cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity; Entry cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; Entry cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies; Entry cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses; Entry cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media or musical “samples” other than the musical tracks provided) without permission; Entry cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, other than entrant, without permission; Entry cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and Entry cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law. ADDITIONAL PHOTO REQUIREMENTS. Photo must conform with the format and size requirements and limitations of the applicable social media platform. Photo must be Participant’s own, original work. Photo must not include any private information of a third party. Participant must have permission from all individuals that appear in the photo, if any, to use their name and likeness in the photo and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, Participant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable by Sponsor. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE, IN SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. Sponsor reserves the right to, and may or may not, monitor/screen entries prior to posting them to the Website. By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Entry you submit. Submission of an Entry grants Sponsor and its agents an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, license and right to publish, use, publicly perform the Entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant.
- ENTRIES ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation here under by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants.
- PRIZE DETAILS, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”) AND ODDS OF WINNING A PRIZE: Grand Prize: $250 Bookstore Credit or Gift Card plus McDonald’s branded items and/or CSU branded items ARV of Grand Prize Prize: $300. Weekday Winners: $25 McDonald’s Arch Card ARV of $25. Winner must accept prize as specified by Sponsor and on dates designated by Sponsor, or prize will be forfeited. Prize cannot be assigned, transferred, or substituted except by Sponsor who may, at its sole discretion, substitute any prize with one of comparable value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable for any reason. Odds of winning a prize are based on the total number of eligible entries received.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Participants agree (a) to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding, (b) that Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, are released and shall be held harmless by participants against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or Sweepstakes-related activities or use of the Video and (c) except where legally prohibited, winner grants (and agree to confirm that grant in writing) permission to Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority the right to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image and biographical information and statements and the Entry for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval.
- REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION: All Winners will be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and, where lawful, a Publicity Release within seven (7) days after notification. If documents are not returned on a timely basis, or if any prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, such prize will be forfeited. Should a prize be won by a minor, all affidavits, releases and other documents must be executed by the parent or legal guardian of the minor, on behalf of himself and the minor, or prize may be forfeited. Prize may be awarded in the name of, or to, minor winner’s parent or legal guardian. Taxes on a prize are solely the responsibility of the winner.
- GENERAL PROVISIONS: Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for not receiving entries, no matter what the reason even if known in advance, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or the failure to capture any such information. Persons who tamper with any aspect of the Sweepstakes, as solely determined by the Sponsor, or who attempt to participate with multiple email addresses or under multiple identities will be disqualified. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries and disqualify any entrant using such methods. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. In case of dispute, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant, and must comply with these Official Rules.
- ARBITRATION: By participating in this Sweepstakes, each Participant agrees that: (1) any claim, dispute, or controversy (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) Participant may have against any of the Sweepstakes Entities arising out of, relating to, or connected in any way with the Sweepstakes, the awarding or redemption of prizes, or the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by JAMS and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to JAMS’s Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures (“Rules and Procedures”); (2) this arbitration agreement is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16; (3) the arbitration shall be held at a location determined by JAMS pursuant to the Rules and Procedures (provided such location is reasonably convenient for Participant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed by the Participant and Sponsor; (4) the arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the Participant may have entered into in connection with the Sweepstakes; (5) the arbitrator shall apply Illinois law consistent with the FAA and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; (6) there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis as Participant and Sponsor hereby waive the right to assert claims in any class or representative action; arbitration can thus decide only the Participant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims; the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; (7) in the event that the administrative fees, arbitrator fees and filing fees associated with the arbitration exceed $250, Sponsor agrees to pay any such administrative, arbitrator and filing fees exceeding $250 on the Participant’s behalf, subject to ultimate allocation by the arbitrator. In addition, if the Participant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the Participant’s fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive; and (8) with the exception of subpart (6) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the Rules and Procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (6) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this Arbitration Provision shall be null and void, and neither Sponsor nor Participant shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Finally, this arbitration provision is reciprocally binding on all parties, such that both Participant and Sponsor are required to arbitrate their claims against one another.
- WINNER’S LIST: For the names of the winners, please view the Instagram story @asicpp.