Associated Students Incorporated (ASI) wants to make you feel at home with Cal Poly Pomona.
We want you to have fun in a healthy way while you manage your busy schedule.
Here are five great ways to stay fit with ASI:
1. Join an intramural sport with Campus Recreation. You don’t have to be on an official Bronco Athletics Team to play a sport on campus. Grab some friends and join an intramural sports team for a super low fee and even get a chance to compete in quarterly tournaments. We have basketball, volleyball, football, softball, tennis and soccer seasonally throughout the school year.
2. Eat healthy at Poly Fresh in the Bronco Student Center (BSC). Poly Fresh sells healthy snacks and organic meals that will keep your body happy. You’ll find fruit, sandwiches, veggie chips, veggie burgers and much more. Located on the main floor of the BSC in Center Court, Poly Fresh is open Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. and on Friday from 7:30 a.m. till 3 p.m.
3. Join the Bronco Fitness Center (BFC) a state-of-the-art gym right here in the BSC. For a much lower price than your local gym, you can become a member of the BFC. You’ll have access to an array of workout equipment to keep your body looking hot. Certified personal trainers are also available for an affordable price to help you with the best workout routines for your body type.
4. Take a group exercise class at the BFC. Bring some friends or even make some friends at one of our group exercise classes, including yoga, zumba, Boot Camp, body toning, spinning, Turbo Kick, pilates, Absolution and more. Working out alone can sometimes be a drag, so workout in groups who want o have fun and stay fit just like you.
5. Visit Center Court for lunch in the BSC. Subway’s fresh ingredients, rich flavors and array of choices lets you have it your way as you eat a lower calorie lunch. Freshens offers a ton of healthy smoothies, juices and frozen yogurt options that will keep your taste buds tingling. Also located in Center Court is Kikka where you can get a taste of your Japanese favorites such as sushi, salads and soups. Visit their page for hours.
Come by the BSC, ASI’s home and the hub of student activity on campus, to take advantage of all these fun and healthy ideas to keep your body in tip-top shape.
Visit asi.csupomona.edu for more information about how ASI is here for you. Keep updated with ASI’s online publication, ASInside at asi.csupomona.edu/ASInside for news, upcoming events, interviews and more.