Guest Author: Moises McCulloch
We have all been here, or we have put someone through this and I am here to bring awareness to it: ghosting. According to Urban Dictionary, ghosting is quietly disappearing from someone you’ve met on an online dating site. You meet the ghoster once, maybe twice and all of a sudden they drop out of your life as if you never met them. You question every move you make, everything you say and worst of all, you begin to question your worth. Here are the steps of being ghosted, and remember, you are not alone.
1. Your first date seemed promising.
2. You see that they opened your Snapchat and didn’t respond.
3. You create fictional situations to why they may not be responding… death?
4. You check their social media for the tenth time that day.
5. You’ve seen that they have posted a picture.
6. You have come to the conclusion they are still alive…but still NO response.
7. You question your existence in this world.
8. Your anger sets in.
9. You decide that maybe it wouldn’t have worked out between you two.
10. Back to Tinder you go.
11. Three months later they reappear in your life and you have to make the decision whether you would like to torture yourself again.
Being ghosted sucks, but it happens to everyone. If you have ever been ghosted, let us know by sharing with us using #CampusCropChat on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Follow us on Snapchat @ASICPP!
All gifs courtesy of giphy.com