Squash those bad eating habits with one fantastic veggie… Spaghetti squash!
Each cup of cooked squash contains only 42 calories.
Substitute pasta with this nutritious and fun alternative.
Consuming spaghetti squash will pack your body with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. One cup of this fibrous vegetable contains 170 international units of vitamin A, along with vitamins B, C, E and K. It also has omega-3 & omega-6 fatty acids and minerals like calcium, zinc, copper, manganese and selenium in it. But enough of that science-y mumbo-jumbo…
Here’s a step-by-step on how to prepare and make your very own plate of spaghetti squash.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line cookie sheet with foil.
3. Cut squash in half (length-wise or hotdog style).
4. Drizzle open face of spaghetti squash with a little extra virgin olive oil, then season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
5. Place squash face-down.
6. Cook for 45 minutes, or until fully cooked.
7. Carefully remove from oven and let cool.
8. Once cooled enough to handle, scrape strands with fork or spoon. The fibrous squash will easily separate to form spaghetti-like strands of yumminess.
Click here and skip to 2 minutes & 40 seconds for a video tutorial on this final step.
9. Feel free to add pasta sauce, garlic, olive oil or any other garnishes you’d like to your dish (we love marinara sauce with a little garlic and olive oil on ours, YUMMM)!
10. Serve and Bon Appetit!